Breaking down in your vehicle is not a good thing at any time of the year, but things become so much worse when it’s wintertime. So, it is very important to be prepared, just in case.
These are some essential items that we recommend you should always have in your car during the winter months.
Winter Essentials to have in your Car
- Mobile phone charger or power bank
- Spare wheel - Need to ensure that it is inflated and in good condition
- De-Icing supplies or equipment
- High visibility vest
- Working torch with spare batteries
- Spare canister of fuel
- First aid kit
- Hazard warning triangle or flares
- Blankets, gloves, hats, sleeping bag & warm clothing
- Winter Boots or similar in case you need to leave the car
- A collapsible snow shovel
- Ice scraper or mitt
- Some non-perishable food and bottled water
- Basic tools on hand such as a sharp knife, pliers, electrical tape, screwdrivers, hammer, duct tape and wrenches
- Small fire extinguisher
- Tow rope
- Jump leads
- Spare bulbs for lights
Let's hope you never find yourself in this situation but always best to be prepared and the best way is to ensure that your car is stocked with the above winter essentials. Safe driving everyone!